[Asterisk-biz] Yahoo offers DID for 2.9$ a number

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Dec 28 10:35:25 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 10:21 -0700, Natambu Obleton wrote:
> I don't believe they are offering sip though. I think you have to use their
> IM client, like with skype or gtalk.

If they do they have it on a different port.  I just sent stuff to
voice.yahoo.com (which forwards through CNAME records eventually getting
somewhere).  Port 5060 is just ignored, no port unreachable or anything,
just ignored.

They dont have a SRV record either to suggest where it should go since
its not the default -- my guess is they are using something else,
perhaps their client and a packet sniffer would be much more helpful.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378