[Asterisk-biz] Fraud Alert: CGC Technologies (HK) Limited& Digiumchina.com

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Wed Dec 21 04:36:16 MST 2005

Not only that but "digiumchina" is not "digium". Many companies have
found that they cannot persue legal action against so called "name
pirates" because of a variance in the name chosen by the pirate.

I've been through this with a previous employer, Royalblue. The employer
fired one of the leading sales men whom in turn went out and registered
a company called "Royalblue (America) Inc". Said person then went after
consulting work in the same market as his former employer.

A New York Judge threw the case out before the opening arguments had
even begun. The Judge's take was that anyone was free to call themselves
what they wanted and to persue work wherever they so chose.

The guy is doing quite well for himself today and employs a number of
former Royalblue employee's all of whom were at one time fired by
Royalblue. Royalblue have tried to impose a non compete agreement upon
its staff in a bid to thwart the salesman but even that has been thrown
out in a New York court.

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com