[Asterisk-biz] The Buddy System goes beta (resend because we're morons and didn't validate a last-minute change to new user sign up)

Buddy buddy at buddy-system.net
Fri Dec 16 18:08:54 MST 2005

Welcome to The Buddy System <https://www.buddy-system.com>.

Do you ever ask the following questions:

    * Who is on call?
    * Whose turn is it to take the beeper?
    * Is the important after-hours call going to be handled?

The Buddy System

    * Knows who is on call and all their phone numbers
    * Knows who is backup if the primary on call person is busy
    * Gets incoming calls the to the right person

Use The Buddy System to make sure that important after-hours calls are
handled by the right person.

Because The Buddy System is automated and web based, the on-call person
never has to remember to take the on-call pager or cell phone.  The
on-call schedule can be viewed at a glance from anywhere you have a
browser.  The Buddy System improves call handling and reduces costs.

Who needs The Buddy System?  Any team that has an on-call schedule.  The
Buddy System works especially well for technology teams who have an
after-hours on-call rotation.

The Buddy System is currently in beta testing.  We are looking for folks
to sign up and begin using The Buddy System to give us feedback.  Our
goal is to make The Buddy System the answer to the question "who's on
call tonight?" and you can help us.

If you're interested in learning more or signing up, point your browser
to https://www.buddy-system.com

During beta testing, The Buddy System is free.  We are currently working
on pricing, however, we plan to offer The Buddy System free to any
company that has made a substantial contribution to the Asterisk code base.

The tech stuff: The Buddy System is built on Asterisk and speaks SIP and
IAX protocols.

Please give it a try.

Thanks,

The Buddy System team

PS -- We've fixed a defect in new user sign-up and we've also instituted
a new set of QA processes which include regression testing on a staging
server before pushing the code live.  Thanks for feedback from everyone
who had the sign-up problem.