[Asterisk-biz] Israel to block International VoIP calls?

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Dec 16 02:55:10 MST 2005

JP Carballo a écrit :

> I may be guessing as to the content of the following site as I cannot
> access the full article, but if anyone has read the whole thing I,
> (and others too I hope), would be interested to know.
>
> http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000034211&fid=942
>
> Apologies if this was posted earlier and I just missed reading it in
> the flood of * emails....

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/voip/israel-not-blocking-voip.asp

I find it funny in the article when they describe companies that do
international bypass as "piratical". I guess when you don't like
competition, you start calling people "pirates" (yarrrr!) and
"terrorists". Soon we'll have a "VoIP funds terrorism" campaign, you'll see.

Personally I think the grey route market is only a natural response to a
severe market distortion. Phones companies want people to believe it's
much more expensive to call overseas because it's, well, "overseas" when
the overhead cost is in fact minimal.

And they also want arbitrary "call termination" charges on their network
which is beyond comprehension to me. It's like saying "to you the price
is X but to you the price is Z, essentially for the same service".

But y'all know that already so I'm not preaching in the right place :)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.