[Asterisk-biz] SuperMicro Servers

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Dec 15 20:11:03 MST 2005

Just did a terabyte Raid 5 array last week with a 3ware card under CentOS.
Plugged drives in, defined the array in the BIOS, reboot, stuck in the CD.
Worked first try. 15 min total. I've been doing arrays for 10 years, and
that was *by far* the easiest one I've ever done (and the largest!). I
shudder to think of the horrible Micropolis ones I was doing in '94 - a days
work just to get it configured and formatted.