[Asterisk-biz] SuperMicro Servers

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Thu Dec 15 12:12:06 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Brian Roy wrote:
>
>> Which Dell models are you guys buying? I'm going to assume whichever
>> you are
>> using is not susceptible to some of the interrupt problems with the TE
>> cards.
>

> All the recent ones have been 1850s, and two of them have TE411Ps in
> them with no problems so far. They are running Gentoo 2005.1 in pure
> 64-bit mode and the latest vanilla kernel from kernel.org.

Are these servers used for calls to technical support?  Just curious,
because I have called in three times in the last couple of months and
when I get transfered back to a tech support rep I hear a lot of echo on
my end.  Two of these calls were from my cell phone, another from a land
line.  I don't know if the tech rep was hearing echo, but I certainly was.

I'm just curious, not complaining.  I've been battling echo a lot with
some of my customers (1800's and one 830) and am particularly sensitive
to this issue.

Cheers,
Kevin
--