[Asterisk-biz] Open Business Plan

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Wed Dec 14 10:48:15 MST 2005

Steve Totaro wrote:
>>Intro..
>>
>>I'm a software developer. I am learning Asterisk. I'm reading the
>>"*: tfot" book. It is easy to understand. I am confident that my
>>many years of Linux and Apache adminstration will help me get up to
>>speed quickly.
>>
>>That said, please excuse my noobishness. I am RTFM.
>>
>>Anyway..
>>
>>I'd like to build a simple Asterisk system to market to small
>>businesses, like real estate offices, law offices, etc. My customer
>>would need more that four phone lines, but less than twenty.
>>
>>The system would do just the basics.
>>
>>To me, this is basic retail computing, for small business.
>>
>>I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who has taken the time to
>>write up a business plan for a similar business. If so, could you
>>share it with me, so I could have a framework to write my own.
>>
>>Or if this describes your business, and you'd like a business plan
>>to show to your bank or the SBA, would you like to co-operate on
>>writing this business plan?
>>
>>The resulting business plan would be placed on the Asterisk Wiki,
>>for people to tweak. If there is such a thing already, please let me
>>know.
>>
>>Cheers.
>

> This should be interesting.  I wonder how many people will just post
> their business plan for competitors to see?

I actually think it's a pretty good idea... Considering the business
model (a customer of ours described Asterisk-based turn-key systems as
"aspirin"), execution is far more important than what's on paper. The
suppliers one chooses and the confidence the customer has in you and
your business will be the biggest differentiators IMHO.

Also, keep in mind that banks only lend you money when you don't need it.

Regards,

--
Jason Becker
Director & CEO