[Asterisk-biz] Telepacket locks users out of their web access after launching new website.

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Dec 11 16:01:24 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 17:47 -0500, Cory Andrews wrote:
> I wouldn't hold your breath....we used to be a hardware vendor for
> Telepacket until they passed us bad checks totalling nearly
> $25,000.00.   This occurred nearly 3 months ago, and they have refused
> to return the equipment they purchased from us or remit payment.  From
> what I have learned, they have similar issues with many other creditors,
> I would look elsewhere for service if I were you.

I use their 'freepacket' service (I dont think they offer 100% free
anymore) it includes inbound DID and 100 outbound minutes to US and
canada.  I have no problems with them other than last night it hung up a
couple times after a couple minute phone call.  It was unclear why that
was happening, but I have received a call off that service today that
lasted much longer.  It could be my ATA or it could be something on
their end, unclear.

However if they are bouncing checks you gotta wonder how long they will
be around.  Bouncing checks is a felony in most US states - presumptive
evidence of willful fraud is failure to submit good payment upon demand
so in effect they have to prove their innocence rather than you prove
their guilt if they did bounce a check - check your local laws though,
as that isnt a federal thing but instead a more local law in America, I
would guess many other nations have similar laws, but have had no reason
to look that up.
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378