[Asterisk-biz] Press Release: StanaPhone is No Longer anInterconnected VoIP Provider?

Amyn A. Ghulamali amyn at supertec.com
Fri Dec 2 12:04:23 MST 2005

can we do soething simlar and get away with it????

If one does this, so he does not have to offer 911 ?

Rehan

Media Contact
Rurik Bradbury
Director of Communications
StanaPhone
212 375 6372
rbradbury at intermedia.net

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

StanaPhone is No Longer an "Interconnected VoIP Provider"

Company affirms compliance with FCC's November 28 deadline

New York, November 22, 2005 - StanaPhone, an Internet calling company, is no
longer an "interconnected VoIP provider" and therefore complies with the
terms of
the FCC's November 28 deadline for offering 911 access.

Following a re-engineering of the StanaPhone system, it now offers five
different
and separate services.  Called 'Stana-PHONE', 'Stana-IN', 'Stana-OUT',
'Stana-
FAX' and 'Stana-CONFERENCE', the services allow users to talk to each other
for
free, to receive incoming calls, to make outgoing phone calls to traditional
telephones, to receive faxes and to hold conference calls respectively.

StanaPhone wishes to make clear that it is not designed as a replacement for
traditional household or office landline, that it will not be marketed as
such, and that
our users should not expect 911 functionality.  This notice will also be
posted clearly
on the company Web site at www.stanaphone.com.

Says Michael Choupak, president of StanaPhone Communications LLC, "This
announcement represents our unambiguous pledge that we are not an
"interconnected VOIP provider" as defined by the FCC (FCC-05-116A1,
paragraph
24) and that we are not subject to the November 28 FCC 911 requirement."

###

About StanaPhone
Serving more than 200,000 users worldwide, StanaPhone is an early leader in
calling over the Internet.  By offering a simple and cheap way to make calls
over a
broadband connection, it gives people in 200 countries the ability to make
calls from
anywhere they have Internet access, and - separately - to receive calls at a
US
number in an area code of their choice.  StanaPhone is headquartered in New
York
City.

For more information, visit www.stanaphone.com.

Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
http://www.SuperTec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, Today!