[Asterisk-biz] Need help with Asterisk PBX system

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Tue Aug 30 17:41:36 MST 2005

Randeep Singh wrote:
> We are using Asterisk Open Source PBX System (www.asterisk.org) as a dictation
> system. We are looking for a consultant who can do the following for us:
>
> 1. Configure this system with custom voice prompts as per our business
> requirements.

See the record, dictate, authenticate and background applications.  You can
show information on an application in Asterisk by typing show application *x*
in the console where *x* is the name of the application.

> 2. Set up password protected mail box aceess for users who want to record their
> dictation on the system.

Dictation can be done through app_dictate.  Combine this with authenticate and
it should meet your needs.

> 3. Capture ID (2 or 4 digit number, entered by the user by punching keys on the
> phone key pad) and make this ID number a part of the audio file name which gets
> generated by the recorded dictation.

Use the application Read to read the ID and then use it to pass to the
app_dictate for inclusion in the filename.

Drop us a line if nothing makes sense, although it may pay to play this out on
the Asterisk-Users list so that others can learn from it.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell