[Asterisk-biz] Voip startup regulations question

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Tue Aug 30 15:57:41 MST 2005

> you will only need a business license in the state you are physically
> doing
> business in.  You do not need to have one in any state you sell to
> provided
> you do not have a physical presence.  This goes for sales tax as well.
>
> this is the current status and may change if the feds let the
governors
> have their way.
>
> HTH
>
> Best Regards
>
> Greg Cirino
>
> Spam and Virus Free Email
> included with every email account
>
> Cirelle Enterprises Inc.
> 25 Indian Rock Rd #421
> Windham NH, 03087
> 603-425-2221
[DC]

Yep it's tough enough to do business in the USA as it is without
applying for every state your customer happens to live in (you guys are
crazy with state based legislation).

Simple solution is to incorporate outside of the usa, contract with the
externally incorporated entity to cover your income and your staffs
income (means they need to incorporate themselves but it/sales no
probs), and not have any US based offices or infrastructure.

Be aware however if you conduct business meetings in your residence on a
regular basis it can be considered an office and you can be done for
sales tax and a whole heap of other nice things.

Lol, I was told by an accountant how a client of his who has offices and
a residence in Florida and a condo in NY was being done for conducting
meetings in his NY residence while in town, like I said - you guys are
crazy.

Cheers,
Dean