[Asterisk-biz] ATAs

Craig asterisk at nihost.net
Sat Aug 27 22:13:09 MST 2005

You will need 3 x spa3k to interface with the phone system in building
1, and 2 x spa2k to interface with the 3 x handsets in building 2.

This will work quite happily, I have used the same setup to provide
remote extensions on an analog phone system prior to transitioning to a
full blown sip system (and the ata can be used on the asterisk system
when you upgrade).

You just use the dial setup with a 0 delay to ring the ata at the other
end of the circuit.

cr

I'm not sure that an SPA3K can act as a SIP server (I could be wrong
here) so this wouldn't be the right hardware at all. I'm not sure what
would be the right thing either. I'd be interested in knowing myself as
I have a similar issue looming with one of my customers.

Mark

Anton Krall wrote:
> Guys.
>
> This is not entirely asterisk related but voip related.
>
> I have this scenario and I just cant fingure out which parts to use.
>
> There are 2 buildings that already have their internet connections.
Each has
> a panasonic pbx. They have the need to connect 3 building 2 phones via
voip
> to extension ports on the pbx at building 1.
>
> I was thinking that maybe you can use 3 Sipura's 3000 (FXO ports)
connected