[Asterisk-biz] New Color Video IP Phone Coming from Cisco

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Fri Aug 26 17:33:28 MST 2005

Here's a blurb/spec on a new phone Cisco is bringing to market, the
CP-7985G.  I can't find it published on Cisco's site.  You'll probably need
to be running Cisco's CallManager or CM Express to enjoy the bells and
whistles, I just skimmed it but I don't see any mention of SIP protocol in
here.

Cisco IP Phone 7985G*

>> Cisco IP Phone 7985GThe Cisco® IP Phone 7985G is a personal desktop
>> video phone for the Cisco IP Communications solution. Offering
>> executives and managers a productivity-enhancing tool that makes
>> instant, face-to-face communication possible from their offices, the
>> Cisco IP Phone 7985G has all the components to enable a video
>> call—camera, LCD screen, speaker, keypad, and a handset—incorporated
>> into one easy-to-use unit. As a result, a video call is just a phone
>> call.
>>

>>    *Features*
>>
>> The Cisco IP Phone 7985G is dynamic, and it is designed to grow with
>> system capabilities. Call features such as call forward, transfer,
>> conference, and hold are now available with video and are all
>> initiated through the IP phone. IP telephony and IP video telephony
>> are delivered to every employee using a unified dial plan and a
>> common directory—over a single Cisco IP Communications
>> infrastructure—through Cisco CallManager.
>>
>> Features will keep pace with new changes through software updates to
>> the phone flash memory. No hands-on moves and changes are required
>> with the phone—the user can simply pick up the phone and move to the
>> new location anywhere on your network. The Cisco IP Phone 7985G
>> provides many accessibility methods according to user preference. In
>> addition to the four Directories, Services, Settings, and Messages
>> buttons, the Cisco IP Phone 7985G has five buttons to control video
>> features.
>>
>>    * *Messages*— The phone offers direct access to voicemail.
>>    * *Directories* — The phone identifies incoming messages and
>>      categorizes them on the screen, allowing users to quickly and
>>      effectively return calls using direct dial-back capability. The
>>      corporate directory integrates with the Lightweight Directory
>>      Access Protocol Version 3 (LDAP3) standard directory.
>>    * *Settings* — The Settings feature key allows the user to adjust
>>      display contrast, select background images (if available), and
>>      select from a large number of unique ringer sounds through the
>>      User Preference menu. Network Configuration preferences also can
>>      be set up (usually by the system administrator). Configuration can
>>      be either automatically or manually set up for Dynamic Host
>>      Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Trivial File Transfer Protocol
>>      (TFTP), Cisco CallManager, and backup Cisco CallManagers.
>>    * *Services* — The Cisco IP Phone 7985G allows users to quickly
>>      access diverse information such as weather, stocks, quote of the
>>      day, or any Web-based information using Extensible Markup Language
>>      (XML) to provide a portal to an ever-growing world of
>>      applications, features, and information.
>>    * *Help* — The online Help feature gives users information about the
>>      phone keys, buttons, and features.
>>    * **Speakerphone, Mute, and Headset Buttons** — The phone features
>>      high-quality, speakerphone technology, including an easy-to-use
> [...]

Cory Andrews
Partner / Purchasing
VOIPSupply.com
454 Sonwil Drive