[Asterisk-biz] www.google.com/talk/

David Pollak dpp-asterisk at projectsinmotion.com
Fri Aug 26 11:01:18 MST 2005

Tyler,

Google Talk, Skype, and Gizmo have licensed proprietary CODECs and some
other technology from Global IP Sound (GIPS).  GIPS has build some
excellent jitter-resistant technology and do an excellent job of echo
cancelation and other stuff to make the audio quality at or above the
PSTN, even on connections that are losey or have high jitter.

iLBC is the GIPS CODEC that they've made available to give people a
sense of what excellent engineers they are.  Their high bandwidth CODECs
do the same thing, but with higher quality.

Thanks,

David