[Asterisk-biz] 4-6 channels incoming/outgoing

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Fri Aug 26 06:34:20 MST 2005

Rafal Koszyk wrote on Thursday, 25 August 2005 7:53 PM:

>   Question: because the number will come from SBC, is it just one
>   channel? if yes - how do I get around that - I can't seem to find
> vanity numbers for the chicago area thats why I'm thinking of using
> sbc.

The number of call paths available across SBC territories varies widely.  In
SBC Midwest Region 5-State (IL, IN, MI, OH, WI), the tariffs each provide
for a five call path limitation on Call Forwarding Variable.  So you will be
able to forward at least five calls from a residential or business line.
Remote Call Forwarding (RCF) provides for only ONE path.  Additional paths
for RCF cost $13.95 per month per path.

Also, while your region's tariff provides for a certain limit, some switches
may be set to allow a higher number of paths (e.g. A 1AESS cannot limit
paths, so you get unlimited).

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds