[Asterisk-biz] DID service

Jim Feniello jfeniello at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 08:48:44 MST 2005

Hi, i'm looking for some recommendations on did service.  These lines will
be going into an Asterisk box.

We are a small company (7-10 employees) and my thought is that we get about
20 did numbers, and utilize a service that would provide 5 or more
simultaneous channels (simultaneous calls).  Each person could have a direct
number, but i shouldn't have to have an equivalent # of channels, right?  I
can use asterisk to determine who's direct number was dialed and map it to
that persons extension.  (utilizing ANI??).

I received a good response from jason at ipcomms.net, but just curious why i
can't find any others that provide this type of service.

Seems to be good recommendations for Voicepulse Connect, but that's per
line, with a max of 4 simultaneous calls per line, so i'd either have to buy
a line per did, or limit incoming calls to my company to 4 using one did.
In addition, when we expand, chances are i couldn't get a few more numbers
in series of what i would already have gotten from them.
Teliax is another big-time recommended service on this list, but at my
calculations, $0.02 per minute adds up quick in an office environment.  I'm
all for paying per minute outgoing, but seems like alot of incoming
(including POTS) don't usually track per minute.

Sorry for any bad questions and such, i'm still a little new to this.  Any
recommendations and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-jim