[Asterisk-biz] Colocation

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Sun Aug 21 22:13:43 MST 2005

Agreed, but this guy is clearly looking for such, and I was trying to
get him to recognize that a box at "colo.walmart.com" probably isn't
going to provide the solution he's looking for.

As for "the backbone", in this context, I would call it that point
beyond which the pipe is big enough that the spam cannon in the
neighboring rack isn't going to hose the guy's phone calls. That's going
to vary wildly, and price is about the last factor one should be
considering when evaluating homes for VOIP boxen.