[Asterisk-biz] VOIP reseller looking for a provider

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sat Aug 20 10:58:42 MST 2005

Matt Riddell wrote:

>chawki hammoud wrote:
>

>>Hi:
>>I am a starting voip reseller looking for a reliable
>>voip provider.
>>please contact me off list at
>>chawki at asterisksounds.com about your reseller program.
>>

>You might want to check your website out using firefox:
>
>http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

IE-only websites can kill deals. I have a client that often pays me just
to evaluate competing products for his industrial automation needs. I
have also built some customized solutions and we always used linux on
recycled hardware at least for the console. A few months ago I went to
one prospective vendor website and got nothing clickable on the home
page with firefox. The only linux experience my client has is as a
console operator on a few things I built but when I told him about the
IE-only website he just said "I understand what you're getting at". We
were looking at controller systems in the $11k and up price range. He
realized a qualified vendors would never want technical people like
myself to encounter a website where I can't even see the specs unless I
run windows/IE.

My point is that if your website only works with IE you need to think
about what that says to your prospective customers. There are some
market areas where appearing to be so windows-centric turns away the
best prospects. The website mentions asterisk and dell rackmount servers
so I see a problem here. It's not quite the same as authorize.net
web-based terminals requiring IE if you want to enter the cvv2 code from
the back of the card. They tell me that the next website release(maybe
october) will fix that. Meanwhile I have XP/IE in a vmware container
just to run those credit card transactions.