[Asterisk-biz] Homeplug and SIP

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Aug 19 10:54:01 MST 2005

Well, it doesn't quite "work" and you have some serious security issues
to deal with too.

If your outlets are on different electrical phases then they probably
won't be able to talk to each other.

If your neighbor has the same electrical phase as you then you may be
able to get into his network (and he yours) too. This is where the
security issue comes in.

All this is to say nothing of the broadband hash that your device
issues. Under the part 15 rules which your device should comply with I
am making a formal request that you desist from using it. Your broadband
has is harming my licenced Ham Radio operations.

Mark

Angus Comber wrote:
> Ethernet over Power just ... works.  Although the underlying technology
> is no doubt complex implementing it is easy.  I use it in my home with
> IP phones connected via ethernet over power to an asterisk.  You only
> get 10Mbit speed (may be 11 can't remember) but it works fine.
>
> Angus

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com