[Asterisk-biz] VOIPSupply.com - New Product Announcements

Sean Milheim (iDREUS Corporation) sean at idreus.com
Wed Aug 17 14:04:29 MST 2005

You could always put your AP's on a separate VLAN.  Utilizing a firewall
block off the "Wireless" VLAN and write firewall rules to only allow those
ports for SIP.  If you have very sensitive data you could always put an IDS
sensor on this VLAN.

This would limit many risks and keep the casual war driver from easily
cracking a WEP key and having full access to your network.

IMHO most companies when deploying voip do (or should be) put VOIP traffic
and Data on separate VLAN's.

There are quite a few PoE switches out there that support VLAN's,  we
distribute one from Planet.

Regards,

Sean Milheim
iDREUS Corporation