[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Conusultant

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Wed Aug 10 16:43:10 MST 2005

Tom Rymes wrote:

>[snip]
>
>Paul,
>
>Your point is valid, but you may want to adjust your attitude somewhat,
>because although your prospective clients are not likely to be members
>of this list, they might very well google you, and if a post like the
>ones you have been making pops up from the list archives, they are
>likely to think twice about hiring someone who calls potential clients,
>however misguided, "losers".
>
>Nobody wants to hire a techie who comes off as condescending and
>insulting. (Even if he's right!)

Tom,

Note that I was referring to "determined losers" - people who know they
are wrong but but don't care. I don't call people names just because
they are ignorant or misguided. I try to help them. There is nothing
condecending about showing somebody that they could wind up in a world
of pain if they don't change some things. That's compassionate.

The people I am deriding are the predators. Cheapskates who wanna get
rich quick but really don't care what happens to the guy who slaves over
a hot computer all day to help them get there.

When I refuse to do work for a careless small business owner I don't
call him names. I just tell him that I don't need that kind of stress.
No reason to be insulting because they are not pretending to be
high-tech. But this list is lots more high-tech than windows in the
soho, right?

PW