Free Germany DIDs (was Re: [Asterisk-biz] looking for Germany DID)

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Tue Aug 9 09:06:49 MST 2005

I can clarify this one:

o there are free German DIDs billed at local rates for German callers at
www.sipgate.co.uk (just pick "Germany, local" when prompted)
o limits are 1 DID per sipgate.co.uk account
o G.729 channels are limited to "few" per user
o G.711a/u channels are limited to 50 concurrent calls is per user
(email me, if you need more)
o multiple DIDs per accounts will arrive later this year

At this time so called "geographic" DIDs, i.e. "real" area codes
associated with a geographic region, cannot be provided due to
regulatory restrictions currently in place in Germany. Any such
"out-of-area" assignments may be cancelled by the German regulator
without prior notice. We therefore refrain from making "out-of-area"
assignments in the best interest of our customers.

There are UK DIDs are available as well, though access to "geographic"
DIDs is restricted to UK users.

Enjoy,
Thilo