[Asterisk-biz] Need a "switchboard" application written

bclem at im-online.net bclem at im-online.net
Mon Aug 8 03:58:02 MST 2005

Hello, we are looking for someone to write a simple switchboard application for
asterisk which can park, place on hold, and transfer to extensions.

Standard switchboard/operator console features but we also need the following
ability.

We need to have a screen/panel which monitor the operators/main extension and
displays a DID's owner.

For instance, let's say we forward all of our DID's to a main extension.

What we need to happen is, when someone calls a DID, the DID is looked up in a
database(either odbc or astdb) and the called person's name is diplayed on the
operators screen.

IE a call comes in on did 555-555-5555, that did is looked up, and on the
operator's screen, it should say "Call Arriving for Joe Company", the secretary
should then be able to do all normal operator functions such as answer the call,
forwarding, placing on hold, etc.

The switchboard application can either be unix console based(perl-ncurses?) or
Windows based.

Anybody have a line on a good asterisk programmer that could do something like
this?

Brent Clements
IO Networks

P.S. I'm cross posting this on asterisk-users.