[Asterisk-biz] Building a business using IAX?

Thomas Christie thomaschristie at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 4 12:34:37 MST 2005

Exactly -- you can sell calling cards or something similar to those who live
here and have family abroad.

There's another great reason to do this, though.  It involves US companies
that have sales sites abroad.  It is the same basic principle as below --
instead of paying X + Y for minutes, you start only paying X for minutes.

And in many (many) cases, dialing abroad-to-abroad is more expensive than
the combined cost of US-to-abroad1 and US-to-abroad2.  About three or so
years ago, this was true of France to Germany.  Our company saved money by
having our people in France trigger a call to themselves on the Internet,
then use our service to call Germany.  The two calls were much cheaper (like
$.40 a minute cheaper -- no joke) than the one call France-to-Germany.  This
may, of course, no longer be true of the phone services in Europe; but it
most certainly still is true in South America and other places.

Thomas Christie

There are 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary and
those who don't.