[Asterisk-biz] looking for Germany DID

William Waites ww at groovy.net
Wed Aug 3 16:39:35 MST 2005

You must be a resident for geographic numbers. This is not
necessary for premium one or a national rate one. freephone.web.de
offers both national and geographic numbers and seems to
work well enough, though I have only minimally tested it.
YMMV.

-w

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 03:36:52PM -0700, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 14:36 -0400, Mike wrote:
> > You must be a resident of germany to get did's from them.
> >
> > or at least that is my understanding.
> >
> > Mike
>
> Their free one (+49 801) does not require that.  I signed up on
> sipgate.co.uk but my german number is a sipgate one.  I do not know
> beyond their free one (which afaik most phone plans dont let you call
> because it is a premium number or some such, I dont know enough about
> the german phone network to say what it is like, odds are there is no US
> equiv, it *might* be close to a NCFA/LCFA from the UK).
>

> --
> Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com     Bret McDanel
> UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
> US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
> FreeWorldDialup: 635378

William Waites, Consulting Technologist
Consultants Ars Informatica S.A.R.F.