[Asterisk-biz] Inbound per minute vs. per port charge

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Apr 29 04:04:41 MST 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, programming dept wrote:

> >> This would mean that the provider is banking on 2,600 inbound minutes
> >> per channel to break even. Even with a 4:1 oversubscribe this is 650
> >> inbound minutes per month to break even.
> > I think you are forgetting monthly fees per-DID or similar. Also, 600$
> > for a PRI is about twice what you should be paying.
>
> if you only had to pay for the PRI and not for colo or bandwidth would
> you think that $600 is too much to pay?
Are you talking about feasibility model with a single PRI to some remote
location? If yes, then you are right, it does not make sense to do
business like that.

That's why you should colo. Then, cost of colo will be spread over
multiple PRIs. Having multiple circuits will also allow you to have better
oversubscription ratios.

-alex