[Asterisk-biz] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: T1/DS1/ISDN PRI

Matt Klein mklein at nmedia.net
Thu Apr 28 17:42:54 MST 2005

Well, I know that channelization is supposed to be done on that card,
but I'm concerned, too. Which also, keep in mind, that should reduce
interrupts.

It's mentioned also that they are not putting DSP's on the card, which I
think is a big mistake.

Maybe they'll come out with multiple DSP cards, daughter boards or
something.

None the less, as a media gateway, they'd better price it right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11186&item=5770482149&rd=1

$7-8k would be a good number, depending on what they slap on the boards.

If it's a straight TDM card, then I'd definitely lower that figure..
and if it requires massive CPU loads, then I'd lower it further.

For $8k you can do G.729 to TDM for a full DS-3 and never look at an
Asterisk solution.