[Asterisk-biz] Re: T1/DS1/ISDN PRI

Matt Roth mroth at imminc.com
Thu Apr 28 14:47:28 MST 2005

Herman,

Thanks for filling me in on the circuit switched <-> packet switched
process.  I'll be taking a look into "show file formats" as well.

>In any case this process isn't resource consuming, unless the voice
>stream is compressed when converting to VoIP.

Are you referring to transcoding the DS-0 channels (ie. G.711 µ-law <->
G.729) or something else.  Either way, could you point out where this
process would occur in a TDM-VoIP gateway.  Here is my first-pass
diagram for reference (http://home.comcast.net/~mroth01/T1-CPE.gif).

Thanks again,

Matthew Roth
http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Running%20Asterisk%20on%20Debian