[Asterisk-biz] Prepaid payment solutions

Chris Ochs voip at paymentonline.com
Thu Apr 28 11:32:50 MST 2005

Recently here at Payment Online we have started to add some features that
hopefully will be useful to voip providers, or anyone that uses the prepaid
billing structure.  We are a few weeks away from having these new features
available as we finish integrating them into our documentation and doing the
final testing.  Right now I'm looking for input on features that we might
have missed that people would want to see.

The core payment gateway API supports all the normal transaction types, and
a very complete recurring billing/subscription feature set.  Our specialty
is subscriptions.  Subscription periods are extremely configurable, and
support free trial periods, variable initial billing cycles, ability to
prorate amounts on the first billing cycle, etc..

The API is accessed via an https POST.  We also have a back office xml based
api specifically for pulling customer records out of the system if needed.

Right now, the prepaid feature set includes the following:

- If a new transaction is marked with a 'prepaid' flag, it funds the prepaid
account with the transaction amount.
- Separate transaction types for debiting and crediting the prepaid account.
- A special transaction type for retreiving the billing history of any
prepaid account.
- If a prepaid account is setup for recurring billing, the recurring billing
debits the amount from the prepaid account instead of charging the credit
card.
- A special transaction type to cancel a recurring billing/subscription
account.

I anticipate that all transaction types that do not result in a credit card
authorization will not have a per transaction fee.

If anyone has comments good or bad please let me know!

Chris Ochs
Payment Online Inc
voip at paymentonline.com
206-382-1515 ext 232