[Asterisk-biz] Contracts - Termination

jltaylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Thu Apr 28 07:13:19 MST 2005

I just read Michael Young's note about the Focal PRI being turned off for
terminating VOIP traffic.

I to have just picked up a new customer who found out after about 90 days
that there were provisions in his contract (PAC-WEST) that had a lot of
restrictions on the use of his PRIs.  Now, he's getting a bill for an extra
$7,000.00 for certain contract related traffic.

You must have a contract AND you must carefully read it.  Don't assume that
because something is not addressed that it will not come back to bite you in
the pocket book.

We'll be right back after this commercial message:

I have fifteen years experience in negotiating contracts and interconnection
agreements with carriers.  My most successful was a co-negotiation effort
where I teamed up with AT&T Wireless to negotiate interconnection agreements
for fifteen other carriers.  I am available for consultation.

James Taylor
MetroTel
3505 Summerhill Road
Suite 11