[Asterisk-biz] LiveVoip Multi Channel PBX City Plan

Preston Garrison preston at mailblocks.com
Wed Apr 27 13:30:37 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: alex at pilosoft.com
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:51:33 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-biz] LiveVoip Multi Channel PBX City Plan

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Preston Garrison wrote:

>> Before you start babbling, i think you need to find yourself more
>> educated. a PRI in a datacenter will run you less then $400 per
month,
>> it will provide you with 24 channels, with NO PER MINUTE fee. Lets
see
>> that's less then $20 a month, and you can receive and place as many
>> calls as you like.
>I think the OP was referring to per-minute fees on outbound.

No PRI i am using has any per minute fee for outbound, unless your
talking about long distance, which why would you want to use a PRI for
that, unless its terminated direct to someone like qwest, where your
paying a non-blended rate as low as .004/minute

>>   Secondly we are using VOIP here people, just because Digium makes
some
>> of these handy pri cards, why the hell would you even use one. If you
>> can get the volume you connect direct to sprint, l3, GBLX, xo, and
tons
>> of other providers via SIP. There is no per channel fee, and their
is no
>> limit on what you can do. In fact if you want to pay less then $10
per
>> channel, you can get unlimited channels from L3 as well, which allows
>> you basically unlimited inbound and outbound calling, again with NO
PER
>> MINUTE FEE.
>Nobody will do unlimited channels.

I know plenty of people that will :)

>>   Now i understand not everyone has the volume to go direct, but
pick
>> one of the thousands of VOIP providers out there, that do go direct,
>> and get yourself no limits. VOIPs 1.2c/minute seems pretty expensive
if
>> you are going to start adding in a monthly fee just to place a call.
>> That $10/month is almost 1000 minutes of usage at their 1.2c rate,
>> which i doubt most people even use. Which means if you do use 1000
>> minutes, you are actually paying $.024 cents a minute. All this and
you
>> get to be with a provider that doesn't have the most glowing reviews.

>>   This is not a bash on VOIP, because I think they are trying hard to
>> get decent products to their consumers. This is more a bash on all
you
>> stupid, uneducated, asterisk users out there, who are dumb enough to
>> fall for the 1.2c a minute rate, and think that's not only what you
are
>> really paying, but also expect some guy to give you awesome support
as
>> well.
>Ahhhahah. You made my day.

Glad I could make someones day :)