[Asterisk-biz] LiveVoip Multi Channel PBX City Plan

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Wed Apr 27 12:27:13 MST 2005

 -----Original Message-----

Okay, I  think I'm getting the picture now. Here's a snippet from the
back-channel exchange that Brandon initiated...

<Brandon:>
> There is no such thing as unlimited in my opinion.

Were we talking about unlimited? I thought we were talking about "by the
minute" pricing.

<Rusty:>
>> So let's see, at 1.2 cents per minute, with 1,000 calls in progress
>> from one customer, your revenue is $12.00 per minute.
>> But you'd rather limit the revenue generated by that customer
>> to $0.048 per minute (four simultaneous calls), for some
>> unexplained (and apparently jealously guarded reason).
<Brandon:>
> People will request 1,000 channels, expect the VoIP provider to just
> buy the switch and not treat each channel like it was part of a PRI.

Huh? A customer wants to give traffic worth $12 per minute to them, and
they're turning up their noses at it?

<Brandon:>
> Sure , just pay off switches with minutes. Some may decide to do that.
> We do not. It was a business decision. And when people doing 1,000
> channels of traffic leave for 1/2 cent better rate - you are
> stuck with a new switch.

Ah..., NOW it starts to make sense. They are terrified of churn, as well
they should be. They know that the customer that's sending them that
much traffic will eventually discover that termination can be had for
substantially less than the 1.2 cents the LiveVOIP is charging. So their
business model is to take advantage of the "lemonade stand" operators
who don't have the volume to cut better deals and thereby threaten
LiveVOIP's revenue stream. It's just kind of weird, deliberately
avoiding large accounts.