[Asterisk-biz] LiveVoip Multi Channel PBX City Plan

Preston Garrison preston at mailblocks.com
Wed Apr 27 12:29:49 MST 2005

Before you start babbling, i think you need to find yourself more
educated. a PRI in a datacenter will run you less then $400 per month,
it will provide you with 24 channels, with NO PER MINUTE fee. Lets see
that's less then $20 a month, and you can receive and place as many
calls as you like.

  Secondly we are using VOIP here people, just because Digium makes some
of these handy pri cards, why the hell would you even use one. If you
can get the volume you connect direct to sprint, l3, GBLX, xo, and tons
of other providers via SIP. There is no per channel fee, and their is
no limit on what you can do. In fact if you want to pay less then $10
per channel, you can get unlimited channels from L3 as well, which
allows you basically unlimited inbound and outbound calling, again with
NO PER MINUTE FEE.

  Now i understand not everyone has the volume to go direct, but pick
one of the thousands of VOIP providers out there, that do go direct,
and get yourself no limits. VOIPs 1.2c/minute seems pretty expensive if
you are going to start adding in a monthly fee just to place a call.
That $10/month is almost 1000 minutes of usage at their 1.2c rate,
which i doubt most people even use. Which means if you do use 1000
minutes, you are actually paying $.024 cents a minute. All this and you
get to be with a provider that doesn't have the most glowing reviews.

  This is not a bash on VOIP, because I think they are trying hard to
get decent products to their consumers. This is more a bash on all you
stupid, uneducated, asterisk users out there, who are dumb enough to
fall for the 1.2c a minute rate, and think that's not only what you are
really paying, but also expect some guy to give you awesome support as
well.

Oh and there are many many good reasons to go direct via sip to your
provider.  If you don't know these already do some research.

 Preston Garrison
 direct: 877-748-4142
 fax: 310-774-3901
 cell: 623-748-4140