[Asterisk-biz] Searching for a telecom switching solution

Michael Bielicki cypromis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 05:18:02 MST 2005

On 4/25/05, Jim Dorra <jim at bdmultimedia.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm searching for a professional telecom switch solution based on asterisk
> to make a LCR server.
Will this be TDM only or VoIP a well ?

> The server will use ISDN interface (16 ports).

ok, from the rest of the letter I see you are talking about PRI's.

> If your company provides these kinds of solution and installation services
> contact me directly.
Sure.

> We are located in France.
>

> Otherwise, can anyone tell me if Asterisk can handle 4 Quad Digium cards on
> a basic server (Pentium bi-proc 2.8Ghz + 1Go RAM)?

That depends. We distribute sangoma cards in europe (www.sangoma.com)
and our experience is that with echo cancellation on and no
transcoding on the box you can have two quad cards on a dual opteron
1.8GHz. So your setup would require two dual opteron boxes. Xeons seem
to have worse handling for the PCI bus, but your milage may vary
depending on what board you get.

Feel free to contact me about more details

Regards

Michael Bielicki

> Regards
>

> Jim DORRA