[Asterisk-biz] Forklift a 2000 phone PBX - 5000 calls up - WAY up

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Sun Apr 17 14:13:24 MST 2005

Strange thing, those gigabit nics for x86.
Strange thing those linux routers capable of handling a lot of packets.
Strange things those 2000 simultaneous calls on rtpproxy on x86.

Dont blame it on the hardware, blame it on the sysadmin if your dual
xeon can only handle 80mbit/s on its network card.

A xeon has 6,4 gb bandwidth, which would mean that if we followed your
logics, we could roughly do 5000 calls using g729 codec on a machine
with similar hardware. (as the g729 uses less bandwidth than the g711,
you are not encoding anyway).

Didnt you say last time you would publish the actual test setup 'in a
week' ? Still waiting here.

I cannot check your claims of 5000 calls as i dont have an SGI, but
everything i can check in your press report sounds like complete *...
Gee i wonder why im a non believer for those 5000 calls.

Give us the details of the test and make me happy by proving me wrong.

Zoa.