[Asterisk-biz] $19.95/mo unlimited US IAX termination

Lee Azzarello lee.azzarello at ps-solved.com
Mon Apr 11 11:03:14 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 09:33 -0500, Brian West wrote:
> Speex is a CPU whore.  Even more so than g729.

How much of a whore are we talking about here? Clock cycles are cheap,
so if I can get 7 channels of speex with a dual 900Mhz PIII (my current
system) I'd say it's worth the savings in bandwidth.

FWIW, I just spoke to VoicePulse and their engineering department said
they will support Speex with IAX termination within 1 to 2 days.

-lee