[Asterisk-biz] group buy organization

James Taylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Fri Apr 8 16:43:15 MST 2005

This is all coming together.

However, there seems to be this idea that it will not cost anything to run.

I've been in network associations for other industries (and still am).
You either have to have the board agree to mark up the products or you
have to charge some kind of membership fee.

There needs to be:
1) legal entity
2) members
3) operating agreement or bylaws
4) plan on what initial services the MEMBERS want the association to
provide.
5) budget
6) dues

It can start out small.

If you don't follow something like this, then you'll end up with a couple
of people in charge and then you'll wake up someday and discover that THEY
own the association.

Protect yourself.

I'll be happy to work on the operating agreement and legal entity part.
Suggestions are welcome.
To do this properly will take us a few days.
We need to look good when we start negotiating.

--
James Taylor
MetroTel