[Asterisk-biz] $19.95/mo unlimited US IAX termination

iaxsales at jsci.net iaxsales at jsci.net
Fri Apr 8 12:36:22 MST 2005

Thank you, everyone, for the feedback.  This is exactly the information we
were looking for.

So, assuming that a company providing this service:

1.  is run by clue-full people, with years of senior network engineering
experience at a company known for network reliability and speed (not small
time, fortune 100)
2.  colocates or has connectivity to better networks (internap, level3,
mci, etc)
3.  does not have one pri and one asterisk box, but many, throughout the US

Then, what would be the opposition or problem with the company terminating
calls on a mixture of:
1. the pstn through connectivity with carriers directly
2. other providers that sell wholesale iax
3. other providers that sell wholesale sip
(not necessarily in that order)

Further, the purpose of having different providers and methods is reducing
costs (especially internationally), AND providing redundancy.  If we can't
terminate your call on provider a, b, or c, send it to the pstn directly
and pay the extra cost of that.

Among the other reasons for doing iax transfers is to allow us to redirect
a given call to *our* asterisk boxes nearest our provider (should the call
not be terminated via an IAX provider) or to our pop with direct
connectivity to the pstn carrier the call is being terminated on.

You're absolutely right, this is a quite a task to accomplish.  Doesn't
mean we're not going to try.  =)

Feedback would be *greatly* appreciated.

-Joe