[Asterisk-biz] Lowered Prices on Sipura SPA-2000 and SPA-1001 and more

Cory Andrews cory at voipsupply.com
Thu Apr 7 21:19:04 MST 2005

Kristian - I have contacted Broadcom on several occassions via email,
and have spoken to several lackies in their sales department, but have
yet to find out if someone is OEM'ing a unit based on the spec, or what
the contract minimums are in order to get a phone manufactured based on
the spec.  I think my only hope of actually getting any information
would be to track down a Broadcom exec at a trade show and corner him.
If there is a Broadcom employee on this list with any information
regarding the technology please call or email me.

The Wiztel phone I am testing is based on Broadcom technology I believe,
but an earlier version, and the lack of NAT and STUN support make it no
good for mass market.  We offer the Hitachi, the Zyxel and, until
recently, the Pulver Innovations phone.  I think Symbol also has now, or
will soon have, a SIP compatible wireless IP Phone.

Perhaps vendors are waiting for WIMAX to take hold before putting
serious thrust behind new wireless IP phone releases.  The technology is
more compelling with WIMAX than with normal WIFI.  WIMAX pop's are
supposed to provide up to 15 Mbps of bandwidth within a three kilometer
radius.  Drop a few in Manhattan, build a cool mobile IP phone with some
typical cell phone features like a digital camera, photo caller ID,
oodles of ringtones and all the bells and whistles the cell phone crowd
loves, and undercut the cellular providers on service plans substantially.

Cory Andrews
Senior Partner
VOIPSupply.com
A Subsidiary of b2 Technologies