[Asterisk-biz] Asterisks solution for this RFP

Roderick A. Anderson raa at mailporter.net
Wed Apr 6 17:59:32 MST 2005

I've been fiddling with Asterisk at home as a fancy answering machine
and hopefully VoIP to/from my family.  It is also going to be a proof of
concept to replace our company phone system ( NORTEL ).

The replacement became a _very_ important issue today so a RFP was put
together and is being sent out to local/regional vendors.  Since we'd
like to maintain it in house an Asterisk based system seems like the
right thing to do.  So I snagged a copy , turned it into plain text ,
and will place it at the bottom of this message.
    The two main concerns in the RFP that I'm not sure how would be
solved with * are multiple companies and single phones on the desks.  I
can see four * servers for four companies if need be but not sure of how
to solve the single phone per desk issue.

I've done some research including going through the old messages I saved
from this list ( since Aug 2004 ) and links from voip-info.org but
figured asking here would be better.

So we're looking to buy based on the following RFP.

<RFP>

Request for Proposal
04/06/2005

Dear Vendor,

Multiple company phone system/solution needed.  (Possibly small call
center application?)

We are looking for a solution in which there is only a single desk phone
on each of 7 work stations.  Work station will allow for incoming and
outgoing capabilities.  Each work station can answer an incoming call
placed to any of the 4 companies.  The desk phone will alert the
employee as to which company is being called.  Each company will have
their own customized auto attendant which will give company specific
information, hours of operation, options and available extensions.

Never can the system allow a caller who may “fish” for extensions or
press invalid options to “jump” or crossover from one company to
another.  The system must act like 4 independent phone systems.  GUI
interface preferred!  Our current situation is as follows:

	Company A:  4 lines on hunt group plus wild/fax line.

	Company B:  2 lines on hunt group plus wild/fax line.

	Company C: 1 line

	Company D: 2 lines with expected growth.

We are not interested in utilizing our current system in any way.  If
your organization can provide an affordable solution please send your
quote and the related documentation to the following address:

TSMG
PO Box 3940
Spokane, WA 99202

We are serious buyers and will be purchasing an integrated solution.
Will it be yours?  Questions can be sent to equipment at tsmg.us or I can
be reached at 509-939-5162 for specific questions related to the
system/solution.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

George Houttekier
TSMG Purchasing Manager
equipment at tsmg.us