(Fwd) Re: [Asterisk-biz] Latin American DIDs

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I rehan at supertec.com
Tue Apr 5 05:35:01 MST 2005

we have did from mexico at this time, available for 20$ a month per number

From:           	"Muiz Motani" <muiz at i-dist.com>
To:             	asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com, sergio.veltri at pointhorizon.com
Date sent:      	Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:59:51 -0700
Subject:        	Re: [Asterisk-biz] Latin American DIDs
Copies to:
Send reply to:  	muiz at i-dist.com,
	Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion <asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
	<asterisk-biz.lists.digium.com>
	<mailto:asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com?subject=unsubscribe>
	<mailto:asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com?subject=subscribe>

On 4 Apr 2005 at 12:23, you wrote:

> Countries are: Mexico city, Puerto Rico,
> Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Argentina,
> Chile and Uruguay.

I don't know about the other countries on your list, but I do know that you will have a
hard time finding a DID provider for Mexico. The National Telecom Regulator in
Mexico, Cofetel, has come down hard on VoIP providers. See the following links:

http://www.sineapps.com/news.php?rssid=344
http://www.fsa.ulaval.ca/rdip/cal/lectures/aff_actualites/cofetel_closes_13_voip_fir.h
tm

The bottom line is that Cofetel is trying to protect the incumbent Telcos and forcing
all VoIP providers to have a concession (read: license).

Vonage (http://www.vonage.com/features.php?feature=virtual_phone_number)
offers what they call a virtual DID in Mexico City, but you must have an existing
Vonage DID in the US. Cofetel is trying to close these guys down too and I wouldn't
be surprised if they manage to do so, unless Vonage has bought a Mexican
concession.

If anybody does find a way to get a Mexico DID I would be interested in hearing
about it.
Muiz Motani
Intelligent Distribution
72-6800 Lynas Lane, Richmond, B.C.  V7C 5E2
email: muiz at i-dist.com
phone: +1 604 448 9293     fax: +1 604 448 9296

number in the world instantly, Record your calls, Look who is calling you. Try it,
you will love it.
http://www.PhoneOpia.com - SIP Based OPEN Phone Services.
http://www.MySuperPhone.com - The NEXT Generation of Telephone.
Http://www.ip-pabx.com - One World, One Number, One Pabx, All Hosted