[Asterisk-biz] Hawaii, SE Asia and Italy DID's and US 50 toll free number

Stella Smith stella_smith2k1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 23:24:42 MST 2005

Hello,

Can somebody be kind enough to detail the steps on how
to setup an inexpensive call card business offerring
US originating calls to Hawaii, Southeast Asia and
Italy?

We have a staff in our small courier business who
marvelously setup an asterisk box to handle simple
call queing and an automated welcome message. (sadly,
he left a few months ago). As I was reading more about
asterisk, I realized how truly flexible it is and
would be interested to utilize our bandwidth in our
small offices in San Francsico (USA), Bangkok
(Thailand), Manila (Philippines), Hongkong (PRC) and
Rome (Italy). I was thinking of  servicing internal
staff as well as cutting down on pstn and voip calls
with a more controlled prepaid calling card system.

any suggestions on how i can get this experiment going
by myself would be very much appreciated. for the
technical asterisk configuration, I would rely on my
innate desire to mess around with asterisk--what I
need is an overview of the requirements on how to
deploy a calling card system...

On the business side, may i know who offers DID's in:

-- San Francsico, USA
-- Bangkok, Thailand
-- Manila (Philippines)
-- Hongkong (PRC)
-- Rome (Italy)

** I was hoping to get only 1 DID provider for all
areas so I would only have to deal with 1 company.
Also, the company I am looking for should preferably
have support for US 50 as we have an affiliate office
in Honolulu, Hawaii.

I hope somebody hear can help me with these concerns.
Thanks:)

-- Stella