[Asterisk-biz] Text To Speech

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Apr 1 08:19:26 MST 2005

Ignacio Ramos wrote:

>Hello guys, who has experience with buying TTS software, I am using
>right now Festival, but the quality of voice is far from the
>excellence my clients are looking for.
>
>Scansoft, Real Speak Telecom product, has great voice quality but a
>its kind of expensive, arround US$5,000.00

Unfortunately producing decent TTS software means hiring speakers to do
the voices (on top of a hell of a lot of coding and research). I think
any decent package will be at least that price. So it looks like if your
clients want "excellency" they're going to have to cough some cash...

I would love to be wrong though - If you know quality inexpensive
packages please let me know.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.