[Asterisk-biz] Business Startup

Netweb Group, Inc. netwebgroup at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 22:20:59 MST 2004

Tom,

I think we are all trying to do the same - trying to find out
where the business opportunity is.

Thanks for thinking loud on our behalf and letting our voice
known to everyone in the forum.

But for a start I want to add a few things to the list that
either "Are done" or "Can be done" using Asterisk as the core
for a VOIP business.

1) You can sell Asterisk as IP-PBX Hardware Box.
2) You can sell Asterisk on a CD, self Installable for newbies
and dummies and offcourse lazies.
3) You can create and sell Software to manage Asterisk
4) You can market Asterisk Box as a Softswitch for H323 and SIP
routing of VOIP calls and be a termination provider.
5) You can Sell Asterisk as a Calling Card Application Server
6) You can sell Asterisk as a CTI enabled call center
application
7) You can sell it as IP Phone Service
8) You Can sell it as Conferencing Service
9) You Can sell it as a Juke Box with nice "Music On Hold"
files

Can someone add to the list and make it as complete as
possible.

Can we do the following using Asterisk......

1)Can we use it as a FAX Server and run a service like EFAX?
2)Can we use it as a Credit Card Processing Server for CC
terminals?
3)Can we deploy it as International Call back Service Server?
4)Where are we in terms of making it a Radio Messaging Server?
Are there any compatible SW/MW/ PCI cards? ( Check
http://www.irlp.net/ )

Seshu Kanuri
http://ipphone.eezeephone.com
732-387-4133