[Asterisk-biz] Need a PC computer case (vox) with LCD info and small noise

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Sep 29 16:13:07 MST 2004

On 29 Sep 2004 at 15:56, Justin B.Newman wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2004, at 3:12 AM, andres at itranser.com wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to find a good case for my Asterisk PBX.  I read on the
> > list someone was working on LCD displays, but I am unable to find
> > again that post (althought I really went to the archived month).
> >  What I would like is to known if I can work with someone to offer
> > my customers a Pretty Case for the PBX, ideally with little noise,
> > rackable, and that does not like as a standar PC.
> >

> Even have a perl script with which to control their LCD's.
>
> But ... it might look kinda like a regular 1u, depending on the
> model...
>
> http://www.linux-1u.net/LCD/
>
> -jbn

Good but...

 Future Proposed Changes:

    * Add 5 switches: up, down, left, right, "enter"
    * Possibly Add phone-pad style keyboard interface to LCD

Would be kinda nice now.  I.E. Without buttons you can display one
page at a time in a slideshow, but with buttons you can (for example)
change IP address, keep the display showing one particular line,
delete/listen to voicemail, initiate calls etc...

Cheers,

Matt Riddell
http://www.sineapps.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News - html)
http://www.sineapps.com/rssfeed.php (Daily Asterisk News - rss)