[Asterisk-biz] voip units?

office at art.ro office at art.ro
Tue Sep 28 14:29:14 MST 2004

I have heard static with other VOIP units, namely Wellgate for 2 analogue ports. The
unit was connected with fiber optics to the switches of a large VOIP and Internet
operator; the sound was great at times, but it still developped "static" from  time to
time.

Our  conclusion was that congestions appear at the switches, as CPE bandwidth
was plenty (100Mbps). Maybe we should't discard SIPURA from the beginning.

Have fun!

Mihai N. Hristu