[Asterisk-biz] Special tarification numbers in US?

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Sun Sep 26 00:01:34 MST 2004

I have had experience with 900 and 976 numbers in the past, but not for many
years.  Many LECs and IXCs offer both 900 and 976 pay-per-call numbers.  The
LECs tend to be more strict about content and termination than IXCs.

Take a look at the following articles, to give you a brief introduction to
the US pay-per-call situation:
http://businessweek.buyerzone.com/telecom_services/900_numbers/index.html
http://telephonyonline.com/ar/telecom_extinct/

A quick Google search yielded the following URLs:
http://www.best900.com/
http://www.custom900.com/
http://www.900profits.com/

I would also suggest you call sales representatives of various US-based IXCs
and ask them for more information.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds