[Asterisk-biz] Costs for PRIs in Canada

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Fri Sep 24 12:27:36 MST 2004

Jason Becker wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> Geoff Nordli wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for a PRI in Canada?
>>
>> At what point does it make sense to move from analog lines to a PRI?
>>
>> What about the costs of using the extra PRI channels for Internet access?
>

> There was some relevant discussion on *-users:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.pbx.asterisk.user/51755
>
> If you find a provider that offers a service similar to XO or Electric
> Lightwave in Canada please let me know.
>
> Partial PRI is prohibitively expensive (deliberately so) from my
> experience with Telcos. So there is this 9-16 trunk spot where a Channel
> Bank is indicated.

I forgot to mention that another option we looked at were the
Voicetronix OpenSwitch cards:

http://www.voicetronix.com/hda.htm

I'm not sure how much success people have had with these and *. I do
remember seeing some posts to *-users. These cards were discussed
occasionally before the 4-port FXO Digium cards became available. Now I
rarely see anyhting about them.

Cheers

--
Jason Becker