[Asterisk-biz] Reseller programs

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Sep 24 01:47:04 MST 2004

I think he was referring to uptime and reliability, not voice quality.
Unless you own every hop from point A to P then your design, build, and
operation is helpful but only a small variable in a realtime equation.

Why not back up VoIP with the PSTN?  Why not setup your dialplan to
allow dialing a prefix to open a trunk on either specific medium?  I
usually build systems to dial out over the PSTN if the call is
local/911/411, VoIP if longdistance, then PSTN if that fails and have a
prefix to open a specific type of trunk.  Dial 8+number for VoIP or
9+number for PSTN.

In this configuration you recognize savings in LCR and have even more
reliability than any one path for voice.

Thanks,
Steve