[Asterisk-biz] Re: question on VoIP setup

Kerry Turner kerryturner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 23:15:12 MST 2004

Hello Dan,

   Thank you for your detailed response.    It was useful.     I have
also done some reading since.

    My original plan was to have PBX1 in Country A and PBX2 in Country
B and have the PBX1 transfer all calls via the internet to PBX2 in
Country B.     Users in Country A can call Country B and not vice
versa.

     However,     is it possible to achieve this task using a single
PBX.      So   I shall have only one PBX2 (in Country B),    and have
about 20 different numbers in Country A be routed to PBX2 (thereby
saving the maintenance costs of 1 PBX)?

      Further,    where can I get/reserve telephone numbers for this
purpose in the US (Country A)?

      How does one setup routing,  such that any calls to these
reserved numbers are transferred  to the PBX2 over internet?

       What is the cost associated with reserving each telephone number?

Thanks,
Kerry